Monday, March 14, 2011

March 14, 2011

I have finally decided on my missionary hairstyle. I had been trying different things each day with some gel another missionary left in the house. I will leave you holding your breath in anticipation for pictures. Although I will describe it as a calmed down Donald Trump.
 
I had so much fun reading the emails from Sister Webb and Elder Lindelof. I can relate to many of their experiences. First with Sister Webb, I certainly teach a lot more women than men. Alcohol is a major problem here as well with the men. It is cheaper than water and more abundantly available. We also have a lot of inactive members in our ward. Wow, Elder Lindelof was so funny! I am really glad we do not have inspections on our house. It would utterly fail in the States, but I don't know what they would have to say about the cockroaches in our house or the filth that welcomes their breeding. I love the "miracle finds" he referred to. One reference or someone contacting us like that is worth about 20 contacts we do. I laughed forever when I read his email. Our experiences share more in common than I would have guess. I also enjoy people trying to speak in English to me and have heard some pretty crazy stories from people as well.
 
We are still working with Marcos and Ruben to prepare them for their baptisms. They are both set for the end of this month. I really enjoy working with them since, as I mentioned before,more of our teaching opportunities are with women.
 
Elder Del Angel and I were sick earlier in the week, but we are all better now. I am starting to think the vitamins I am taking are just sugar pills.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment