Monday, December 6, 2010

Week 10

Dear family,

Monday will be my regular P day as you predicted. The Wednesday email was a one time occurence because of changes. I have time to read your emails and I am also getting your pouch mail. I did not know the dear elder service extended past the MTC. Do they charge now?

We are having a lot of success in Tocumen. We have gotten into every single door we have knocked. The people are really friendly. It is hard to teach by the spirit because there is either a dog barking, rain tapping on their tin roof, a bus going by, etc. Still we are optimistic that we will get at least three baptisms this month. I have been informed by the President that this is a baptising area. The investigators here amaze me for good and bad reasons. Some turn off the tv, gather their family, and take notes during our visits. Others leave the tv blaring and the men leave. Many people here cannot read and understand very little, even simple questions.

Many of the frustrations of my summer job are coming back to torment me here in Panama such as the language barrier and hot weather. This is much more than a summer job though. I am told that things get better at about the end of your third change. Each change is 6 weeks.

All of the gringos were able to watch the Christmas devotional in English last night. They stuck us in a small room and set it up. The messages seemed to especially apply to me this year.

Surprisingly, I have not gotten sick yet. Everything seems to be going normally.

I have run out of time. I love you.

Elder Whiting


I cannot access Myldsmail at the moment. Anyways, like I said I am not sick at the moment. I also did not run out of time. They just did not reset the timer.

The members that feed us give us a ton of food. It is crazy. I do not eat much as you know so it is really a struggle to finish.

Here are some photos. They are taking forever, so I will probably only have time to upload a couple. Ok maybe just one. This is an archaic computer.

Love,

Elder Whiting

No comments:

Post a Comment