Monday, November 7, 2011

7 de noviembre

Elder Mapa from San Mateo, California has come to join me as a zone leader in David. His parents are from Tonga, but he was born in California. He is going home at the end of this change, so once again I am "killing" a missionary. He is a really impressive missionary. I have heard good things about him my whole mission. I am really impressed by his work ethic and desire to give it his all his last change. A lot of missionaries become "trunky" and are not interested in doing a whole lot at the end of their missions. We get along very well.

I forgot my camera cable today so no pictures. It is too bad because I took a bunch of pictures of a cool service project we did. We built a block wall around an investigators house. From like 8am until 3pm we were carrying cement blocks, mixing cement, drawing water from a well, laying blocks, carrying and sifting sand, and cutting rebar (Isn't that what you call those steel poles?). It was so fun, but I was so tired afterwards. We missed the parades in the David in honor of flag day and their independence or something. We saw a bunch of young people walking towards the city with their uniforms and musical instruments. 

We are in Boquete today for pday. I always enjoy the cooler climate here. It is so strange how David is so close, but it is so much hotter there. The weather is always changing though. One minute it will be raining and the next a really strong sun will come out. I like the saying they have here - "if you don't like the weather in Panama, wait a few minutes". I thought that was funny because it is true.

We have been in a trio this week because an elder here is waiting for his companion that did not come out here. The elder is still in Panama and thinking about going home. We have been looking for someone who has a mission call to serve with him as a mini missionary for this change. I like the elder that has been staying with us. He has been really funny. I kind of like teaching with two other elders as well because it is a lot more interesting and breaks things up. We set a baptismal date with one of the couples we helped get married last change for later this month. I was kind of mad though because the mission president called and said the stake president wants us to move to the ward in the stake center. Apparently he "has plans" for that ward and wants the zone leaders close by. I did not know that the stake president could do that, but President Ward said he has the keys over missionary work in the stake. I have never heard of a stake president here actually exercising that power so directly towards the full time missionaries rather than on the ward missionaries, boundaries, etc.


To end on a happy note, my companion is awesome. I know I am going to learn a ton from him wherever we are. I love you guys and hope you have a great week.

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment