Monday, November 28, 2011

28 de noviembre

I celebrated Thanksgiving a day late this year. Hna Arauz (our cook and an angel sent from heaven) made us mashed potatoes and gravy, some delicious chicken, and yes a chocolate banana milkshake. Elder Mapa and I were in heaven. She is so awesome. She has a son serving in Argentina and several future missionaries in the house. Her daughter married an ex missionary that served here. He works for the CHP in Anaheim. In the pictures I have seen he looks Samoan.

On pday we went paintballing! We were kind of worried about the hermanas participating, but everything turned out ok. It brought back some really good memories of going with Br. Ward and friends. I walked away with yellow hair and a bruise on my inner thigh. Everyone had a blast, and I got a pat on the back for planning a successful pday.

On Sunday we had a baptism for the Hna. Aguirre. Her prebaptism interview was really short, so we were scared that there was a problem, but it turns out that she just knew everything so well that it didnt take any time at all. She was confirmed a member and given the Holy Ghost on Sunday. At 8 pm that same night we had a meeting with the stake president to talk about the missionary work here and finalize plans for our move. It looks like I am heading to Barrio 2 by the end of this change. We have already begun making preparations.

This week I received tons of mail and packages! I was going crazy because they had everything I needed and wanted like pants, pictures albums, cowtails, ties, socks, and more. I am saving the Christmas one for later. I thought Grants Peter Pan costume was so cute. What did Emery, Campbell, Liam, Griffin, Gwen, and Quinn wear? Speaking of mail, I still need the new address for Katie and Robert.

Love,

Elder Whiting










Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment