Monday, September 26, 2011

Changes


Surprise! I had changes this week. I was kind of bummed because I was having fun with Elder Bentz in Juan Diaz. I remembered that I only had one change with my trainer as well. I was really sad that I did not get to say goodbye to anyone since I was certain I would not have changes, but I stayed up really late packing and writing letters to as many people as I could. Luckily I had some pictures too.
Anyways, now I am in David with Elder Villacres as a zone leader. I completely skipped being a district leader, so I have been scrambling this week to try to learn everything. This zone is one of the biggest ones in the mission. This has been a couple of big adjustments for me going from junior companion to training to now leading the biggest zone is Panama. It is hard at times not to feel overwhelmed with everything. I have been very humbled as I make mistakes while breaking into my various assignments. I am trying my best though to live up to the confidence that has been placed in me.
It is so strange being so far away from the city. The bus ride was a good eight hours, plenty of time for me to let everything sink in and take a few deep breaths. My area reminds me a bit of Chorrera, but without the hills. It is kind of funny that mom mentioned in her last letter that it is too bad that we cannot ride bikes because this area actually has bikes. I think it is one of only 3 or 4 areas in the entire mission that ride bikes. I finally feel like a real missionary when I mount my awesome mountain bike. When it is raining and we are flying down the road, the back tire kicks up muddy water onto the back of me. I have a feeling my clothes are going to get destroyed here.
My water problems continue in this area. Each area I leave I say to myself, ok now I will have water. We pretty much always shower out of buckets here because even when we have water at night the pressure only spurts water out of our lowest water spicket (out front in the yard). I feel like I am in some monastery up in the mountains undergoing some Chinese monk training every time I am carrying buckets of water.
I love you all. Please pray for us and my zone. Thanks for all of your support. Sorry no pictures. You will get a lot next week though.
Love,
Elder Whiting

No comments:

Post a Comment