Monday, June 6, 2011

June 6

My companion Elder Estrada was taken out of the area for emergency changes, and Elder Alvarez from Nicaragua was sent to work with me here. He is a really funny elder and makes me laugh all day. There are so many bitter feelings for the elders involved in these hectic swaps. I saw the same thing when Elder Del Angel was taken out of Tocumen and Elder Peña was swapped in. It is usually to escape a rumour that some little girl started, but they have to take them out anyways and does a lot to disrupt the missionary work. I am trying my best to hold the companionship up, but I am not an endless fountain of enthusiasm either. We are working hard, but I can tell he is hurting for the people he was preparing in Bocas.

I have been introducing Elder Alvarez to all of our investigators, and we have been working to take care of the ones that we have set baptismal dates for the 18th and 25th of June. It seems like there are always problems and doubts that pop up as people are getting for baptism, but I keep thinking about how happy I was at past baptisms. There are miracles happening in this mission. Last month we had record baptisms.

Mom, I have not actually received any of the packages you mentioned, so I cannot tell you what was inside, but the zone leaders said I have a package in the office. Thanks for sending those, and I am sure I will really enjoy them when or if they get to me. I am so proud of your service to the missionaries in California, and of Dad teaching the gospel essentials class. It is so relaxing when we have someone to help us out by teaching the investigators and recent converts.

Morgan, you mentioned that you moved to the apartment below you, so that would mean that I no longer have your address. Could you please send that to me in an email or something? I am going to try to be better about writing letters to everyone.

Take care,

Elder Whiting

No comments:

Post a Comment