Monday, June 27, 2011

27 de Junio





Dear Family,

This week we had interviews with President Ward and his wife. I always love it when they come here because they are such special people, and I can tell they love us so much. President Ward is always smiling and does everything to keep us pumped up. Sister Ward always cooks delicious meals for us. It is always a relief to eat some really healthy food with her. I did not realize how much I miss stuff like carrots and broccoli. For dessert, she treated us to homemade Ghirardeli brownies. My interview went well. He is always very encouraging. I just read an email from him that said I am getting transferred this Wednesday. I was really disappointed because E. Alvarez has been a great comp, and I have gotten along best with him. It seems like I am with some of my favorite campanions for very short times. I was with my trainer E. Voss for only one change, Elder Peña two weeks, and E. Alvarez three weeks. Even in this short time I have learned a ton from him.

I was hoping that you would not notice that the money in the picture I sent was fake but oh well. I guess everyone knows missionaries are super poor. It is really just some money for a board game here. I sent the picture of the bike because I thought it was really cool. They put flashing lights, speakers, radio, air horns, and more on their little bikes and somehow manage to still pedal them around. I always have to stop and admire some of the crazier ones.

Mom, your packages have still not arrived. I did however receive a package from Sister Mullen. Please let her know it got here and give her my thanks since my thank you letter will not arrive for a while. I have been having so much fun with the clown balloons she sent. They came with a pump and a couple step by step books. I have only been at it for a couple days, but I can already make tons of stuff like swords, hats, snakes, and a few of my own inventions. They say you figure out what you want to do on your mission, so we will see. There is a section in the back of one of the books that explains in depth how to make money at it. Haha just kidding, but I think I have been shown a fun hobby anyway. At the least, the kids here enjoy smacking each other with their swords. I could not believe my eyes when I saw a little electric fan in the bottom of the box. That thing is going to save my life here. Sister Mullen put a bunch of funny notes on everything she sent that made me laugh. I really miss her.

Congratulations to the Brocks for their new addition to the family. I highly approve the name chosen for her. I hope she is able to recover well, and I look forward to seeing photos of her.

Love,

Elder Whiting

[the following photos are lifted from the Panama mission blog - interviews in Chorrera, which are referred to in the email above.]







Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment