Monday, October 10, 2011

10 October 2011


This week all of the zone leaders had consejos in the house of the president. We reported our accomplishments and talked about new goals. The assistants taught several good lessons. We left Tuesday after district meeting and lunch to undertake the 8 hour bus ride again. We arrived around 10 at night and stayed in the assistant's house. Hna Wards cooking is so good. She had cereal and a baked bread for us to eat for breakfast. For lunch we had boiled potatoes with toppings to put whatever we wanted on them and bbq chicken. I always stuff my face with broccoli and carrots. I never thought I would crave vegetables so much. It was fun to see all of my friends from the mission. Elder Biesinger my comp from the MTC is the new office secretary. He brought us all of the mail for our zone to take back. My package came! Thanks for all the awesome stuff. I got a ton of mail too so thanks. I love it.
 
It has been raining nonstop here. Usually it will rain one day and then we get a break, so I get away with rotating shoes and letting them dry, but now I am not getting the chance. We rigged up a drying station with fans blasting our shoes. Putting them behind the refrigerator also works on some models, but not ours. We have been on foot these last couple days because the front tire on my bike got a flat two times. I decided to buy a new tire since the current one is pretty old. The tire and the tube cannot take any more holes. Luckily we do not have to change or repair the tires. There is a little shop really close to our house that does it for cheap. When it rains here the roads pretty much turn into rivers. Anywhere there is a "t" Two big trenches are dug into where the intersecting road crosses the main road, so I bet we have looked pretty ridiculous getting a running start and leaping over all the flooded areas. A lot of times I do not completely reach the other side and end up splashing into the trenches. This was a good week. A lot of our investigators are taking critical steps by reading the Book of Mormon, accepting baptismal dates, or praying, or all of them. Elder Villacres has taught me about pleading your cause to the Lord with specific, righteous desires and the help you need to accomplish those desires (goals). We have really seen His help this week as we strive to do our best and work hard, He does the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment