Monday, October 17, 2011

October 17, 2011

We enjoyed a lot of success this week in the zone and in our area. We have three baptisms scheduled for this week in our area and a lot more in the zone. We have been running around everywhere trying to track down baptismal clothing and getting it to the areas that need it. We also have to make sure everyone is filling out the proper forms and getting them to us. We have the goal of 18 baptisms for the month of October and are quickly approaching that goal. I appreciate all of the hard workers in the zone.
The church distribution store sent a mobile unit out here and set up shop in the stake center for several days. Orders take forever in the interior, so we took advantage of the opportunity to go buy everything we need. I bought a lot of videos that are good to show people. I was disappointed they did not have any HLJ rings for sale. I had a CTR ring a long time ago, but eventually outgrew it. I never got around to buying one since then. All they had were the cheap little kid ones. I bought one of those Book of Mormon stories comic books that Emery and Campbell read with the intention of giving it to some little kid, but started reading it instead. I thought it was pretty interesting.
I got a call the other day from my trainer Elder Voss. I cannot believe he is dying this change. It will be so weird when he leaves. I have a lot of good memories with him. He was a really good trainer. I am starting to feel so old in the mission. A ton of new people are coming that I do not know, and a lot of my old friends have gone home or are going home within the next few changes. It kind of feels like junior high or even high school as all of the upperclassmen begin to leave. How strange...
Love,
Elder Whiting
 
Elder Whiting answered a few of my questions.  His companion is from Ecuador and they have been able to work well together.
He loves his new area David and the air is very clean being so far from the city.
They have a cook for lunch on Tues. through Sat.  This is common in most areas to try and improve the nutrition as there was way too much starch.
He is happy and healthy and working hard!  We appreciate his service and we have seen many blessings.
Love, Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment