Monday, October 24, 2011

24 de Octubre

 

 

 




Dear Family,

We had interviews this week with President Ward. My interview was really short. I was told my companion would probably be leaving at the end of this change, and I would stay in the area to teach the replacement elder.

We had baptisms on Friday and Saturday. They were all confirmed on Sunday. I always like to ask people after their baptisms how they felt coming out of the water because they always have a special experience. I was happy a bunch of members came to support the service and filled the room to the back. Everyone was really happy. All of the people that were baptized were references from members. It just goes to show the value of working with the members. Every missionary that has been here a while knows that contacting turns up very little. My baptism is a fuzzy memory. I just remember being with Andrew Sewell and then changing out of my wet clothes afterwards, and that dad baptized me.

We have been getting a lot of rain. The Sunday before last it rained nonstop and then off and on throughout the whole week.

Have a good week everyone.

Love,

Elder Whiting
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment