Monday, March 12, 2012

12 de marzo

I was surprised and disappointed that I had changes this week. I really loved Colon and was sad to leave. I did not say goodbye to anyone either because it was a really unexpected change. Now I am opening up a new area and organizing a new zone. My area is called San Miguelito 1. Parts of the Panama and San Miguelito zones were cut out to make this new zone we are organizing called Paraiso which means paradise.
The zone only has 13 missionaries, so it is pretty small compared to other zones.

We are also opening up our proselyting area which means my companion and I have never been here and do not know anything. We have been pretty lost. Its funny how everything has its little purposes. You may remember that I visited this area a long time ago for one day with Elder Mapa right before he went home. I do not remember too much, but every once in a while I will get strange flashbacks and deja vu.

The members have been really helpful showing us around and giving us advice on where to work and where to avoid. The previous elders left lots of telephone numbers, meal calendars, teaching records, etc so I have been digging through those. This area is really close to Marcasa and Juan Diaz. The ward is really strong here.

Elder Mendez is a new zone leader that I am training. He is from southern Honduras and has 15 months in the mission. We get along well, and he seems to be a good elder.

It seems like whenever I start to get comfortable in the mission, new challenges and assignments are thrown at me, and I must respond. The mission tests us in so many ways, and there are lots of opportunities to grow.

Thanks for everything. I hope everyone has a good week. Happy birthday dad. I love you.

Love,
Elder Whiting

No comments:

Post a Comment