Monday, April 2, 2012

2 abril 2012


It was fun to end this week with conference. General Conference is such a great missionary tool. The college teacher who is investigating the gospel came to the two sessions on Sunday and really enjoyed them. We also enjoyed the special segment on the King James Bible between the sessions. He still wants to baptised and is progressing very nicely. I watched several sessions in Spanish to be with him.
Interestingly, I think Richard G. Scott does his own Spanish translation. My reasoning is that the voice sounded exactly the same, and the translation ended earlier. I enjoyed Elder Bednars talk in Priesthood session. His talks are always insightful. ´

The members were kind enough to bring us food between sessions. One hermana made us a super hot chili. I burned my mouth and tongue trying while burning my hands holding the plastic plate. I think it would have tasted good though if I had had feeling in my taste buds.
I also met Elder Pfister. He is from Logan, UT. Grandma and Grandpa Whiting had previously mentioned him in their letters. He is in Juan Diaz, so I gave him my advice on the area. He was fun to talk to.

The zone had 15 baptisms during March.

It is starting to rain a little bit here which is a nice change. Have a great week everyone. Thank you for your "personal letters" and other support.

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment