Monday, August 1, 2011

1 de agosto


Celebrating Elder Sanchez' 22nd birthday at Friday's
[in a separate short email he again commented about how expensive it was.]



Here are some pictures of my apartment [in Juan Diaz]





 







I looked at my suitcase, and it appears like both wheels are the same. I am not sure if the other one sheared off as well and I never noticed. The wheels are functionable, but it looks like the outer layer came off or something.

[If you remember a prior email the wheel on his Costco luggage delaminated, leaving the inner shell. It did this on both sides and is the second piece of Costco luggage to do this.]


Wow, we are already in August. I can hardly believe it. 

Elder Sanchez turned 22 on the 30th of July, so we went with a group to Fridays to celebrate. The Fridays in our area is a symbol of America for me. I can feel like I am in the states for a bit. The menu was a little different though, and a lot of the plates included rice. I searched out something without a single grain of rice, a California club sandwich to show my pride for my state. The food was painfully expensive for a missionary budget. I never realized how expensive eating out was. I am afraid I let dad pick up the tab every time. The food was so good though, and we had a great time. The week before, Elder Sanchez was telling everyone about his birthday. All of the members are really nice and all wanted to throw parties. They all asked me when my birthday is and if I am going to be here. I think they are already planning something. They are so funny. I think they are more excited than I am.

We have a baptism planned for this Saturday. We were really worried about her because when we passed by her house to pick her up for church she was not there, and the house was all locked up. I was surprised when we walked into church and there she was sitting in the pews waiting for the meeting to start. She got there before us.

I hope everyone has a good week.

Love,

Elder Whiting
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment