Monday, August 8, 2011

8 de agosto

This week we had capacitaciones (training) in the chapel of Bella Vista where changes are. President Ward really emphasized asking inspired questions to get to the needs of the people we teach faster. I really learned a lot. I met the senior couple serving here, the wallthrops or something throp. I do not really remember. Anyways, I talked to Hm somethingthrop for a bit. He has been working for the church forever, and has worked on tons of temples. He is a very interesting guy. President Ward and his wife are always really good to us. They bought us all pizza, and I stuffed as many carrots and brocoli my stomach as I can since I do not get those a lot.
 
My weird food of the week was cow heart. It tasted like any other cow meat, and I actually liked it a lot. I was joking with Elder Sanchez that we have tried almost every part of a cow. The same lady said she was going to make us cow tail next. Thanks... Anyways, my food adventures continue.
 
Saturday our baptism went through as planned. She could not decide who she wanted to baptize her, so she wrote "yo" on a piece of paper and kept the other one blank. Then she crumpled them both up and had us each take one off the table. I thought that was so strange. Elder Sanchez drew the paper with "yo" on it, so he was able to end his mission with a baptism. We had a lot of support in the baptismal service, so we were happy about that. She bore her testimony afterwards, and I realized how much knowledge in the gospel she had gained. A lot of members came and her family was there. Afterwards, we had refreshments and broke a piƱata. I am always really motivated to work even harder after a baptism.
 
The scare right now in Panama is the dreaded dengue. I always thought people got really sick from it, but 6 people have already died. There have been a lot more cases of it this year than last year, so the government is taking action. There have been lots of fumigation trucks going around spraying everything. I see men walking around with a device that looks like Br. Howes potato canon shooting out poison. Now whenever I get bitten by a mosquito I pray to God that I do not get it.
 
This week we will have changes, and I will receive a new companion. I am 99% sure that I will be staying here in Juan Diaz. That is fine by me.
 
Love you guys,
 
Elder Whiting

 

 



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment