Monday, August 22, 2011

22 de agosto


 

 




Last pday we went to Panama Viejo because it was completing its anniversary of when it was founded. Normally it is not open on Mondays, so we took advantage of it. Plus we got in free, so we were happy. It really reminded me of some of our other adventures with the family exploring ruins in Central America. I always like to try to imagine what it would have looked like when they were inhabited.


This week was really funny because I have been coughing a lot and practically lost my voice for several days. We relied a lot on my companions Spanish because every time I began to talk I would start coughing. He has had lots of chances to grow this week. Everyone keeps telling me to go to the doctor. I did not tell them we do not normally go to the doctor for every little cold or cough, but they were convinced that I must have tuberculosis.

The ward is really animated with missionary work right now. The mission leader started leaving with us for visits, and has been a great help to us since he is a convert. We have started several programs such as group nights and passing out a Book of Mormon each Sunday. The group nights are just social activities at members houses. They invite their friends and neighbors which we get to meet and share a message with. The Book of Mormon is passed out during the week to someone. They then go up to the pulpit and share their experience with everyone Sunday, then get to pick who is going to go next.

Thanks for all of your support and mail. I love you guys. Have a great week. 

Love,

Elder Whiting

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment