Monday, December 12, 2011

12 de diciembre

We left Monday night to arrive in Panama Tuesday morning because I had immigrations. That will be the last time I will go through that in my mission because the ID visas last for a year. I was not there very long. I just had to take my picture again and sign my card before they laminated it. They wanted me to go a week earlier, but I called and asked if I could knock everything out in one trip since we also had consejos in Panama this week. The rest of the day Tuesday President Ward gave Elder Mapa permission to visit some of his old areas since he is going home. I attached a couple of pictures from our visit to Tocumen. He was also "born" there. I had so much fun visiting everyone there. It was so strange going back to an area. We also went to San Miguelito and A. Dias. I have never been to those areas, so it was kind of boring for me. Our visits confirmed to me that I definitely want to come back after the mission and take more time to visit all of my areas. Wednesday we had consejos in the mission home. When we picked up mail I saw that I had all of these green letters and was wondering what they were all for. When I started opening all of them up I read that they all made a Christmas tree. I thought that was so funny. I think I am missing one or put it together wrong. It took me a while to figure out how they all fit together. Anyways, thanks to everyone that wrote to me, and thanks Morgan for thinking of that. It was awesome.
 
For Christmas we are going to sing our own version of the 12 days of Christmas. We have already designed some posters to hold up, and now we just have to teach the Latins in own zone how to sing it. I was put in charge of making all of the arrangements for the party in the interior (David, Concepcion, Bocas del Toro, etc). I have been pulling my hair out trying to find someone that can cook for everyone and find somewhere to have it. There is an activity in the stake center that day and our chapel is going to be undergoing construction/remodeling. That is the tough thing about being a zl in David. Since it is central to the other zones the planning for things like zone conference, interviews, and parties falls on our shoulders.
 
We have finalized our divisions with the other companionship in Barrio 2 to learn the areas of each other. This Wednesday I will be moving all of my things over to there house, and they will haul all of there stuff here. It is going to be really hard to leave this area especially since we have like five people that are going to get baptized. We worked super hard there. I always think of the saints when they were crossing the plains how they planted crops knowing they were never going to harvest them, but did it anyways to feed the people that would follow after. What was that? camp far west? winter quarters?
 
I hope everyone has a great week. I still have not found anywhere to skype from here, so this year might be a phone call. I will keep looking though and keep my fingers crossed. Maybe something will turn up in this new area. I love you guys.
 
Love,
Elder Whiting





Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment