Monday, December 19, 2011

19 de diciembre

 
Tomorrow will complete my first week in Barrio 2 and in the new area. The room we are staying in is VERY tiny. I think I am going to get to know Elder Calderon very well. He is from Nicaragua and has about 18 months in the mission. He came from Tocumen to join me as zone leader here. The shower is super cold! I have no idea why it is so cold. I think it might be on the same line as Boquette or Volcan. I have actually considered not showering haha, but then I feel sticky and gross leading me to reconsider. We made the beds into sketchy bunk beds to give us more space and organized a bit. The owner is a super nice member. She is quick to help us with anything and washes our clothes. I am starting to get used to that. I am going to be bummed out when I have to start doing that again.
 
On Saturday we had our mission party and Stake Christmas Devotional. The mission party was fun. I am glad it is over though because that was a big source of stress for me. President Ward gave us all really cool molas with the new mission logo on it that I will send home. We sang the 12 days of Christmas and watched various talents from my zone, Concepcion, and Bocas. President Ward said something interesting that because the human race creates so many things (airplanes, cars, skyscrapers, sliced bread, etc) wouldn't it make sense that we are all children of a Master Creator? The Stake Christmas Devotional was neat. The stake choir sang, and we listened to some very interesting talks.
 
Merry Christmas everyone and have a great week. I love you guys and look forward to talking to everyone.
 
Love,
Elder Whiting

No comments:

Post a Comment