Monday, December 26, 2011

26 de diciembre


Thanks to everyone for waking up early to talk to me. I had such a fun time talking on skype. It is always good to actually see the family and remember part of the reason I am out here. We are always told to keep in mind everything we represent as missionaries (Jesus Christ, the church, our families, etc). Everyone looked great. It is funny and shocking to see how everyone changes after a gap of time, especially the little ones. My companion was always able to skype with his family, so I was able to meet some of them.
 
Christmas Eve was pretty eventful. I talked to the family in the morning on skype. Then we went with the zone to Boquete to sing Christmas hymns to investigators and less active members in the area. We exchanged our secret santa gifts. I got a plunger, toilet paper, chocolates, and cookies. I was like uhh...cool....thanks. I was joking with my companion afterwards that someone must think I am full of crud haha. Then the person heard and said it was just a joke. We all had a good laugh at the gift.
It was raining pretty hard when we first got there, so we were running around. They were really pretty gracious about letting us into their houses to sing even though we were dripping. It was neat to see how grateful everyone was for our visit.
The picture with the rainbow was taken in Boquete after it stopped raining. Christmas Day we were invited to several houses to eat traditional foods such as pork with rice and guandu. I tried to stay up until midnight to see all of the fireworks but fell asleep. I only saw the devastating aftermath of sulfur, cardboard, and paper. Maybe I will make it for New Years. Last year was amazing. My companion was really grateful for the gifts that were sent to him in my packages. He keeps putting on the tie mom sent him and looking at it. He says his "uncle Whiting" sent it to him and loves it.
 
Thanks to everyone for all the awesome letters and packages. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I love you guys.
 
Love,
Elder Whiting








Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment