Monday, January 23, 2012

23 de enero 2012

Sorry about the late email today. We decided as a zone to do pday first and then email. We climbed the tallest hill in the area. It only took about 20 minutes to climb, similar to cerro ancon in Panama City. The view from the top was really neat because you can see everything in all directions of David. I never fully appreciated how flat David is.
The picture of my companion and I was taken at the top. The pictures of the landscapes are from the fair in Boquete last pday. I bought some really elaborate Molas to send home and a wiry thing to scratch/massage my head.

The baptism photo was taken Saturday. Her name is Jennifer SaraVia Guette. She has a really strong testimony and will be a strong addition to the ward. The other elders serving in our ward also had a baptism this last Saturday, so we joined the services into one.

It is very likely I will have changes this week. The email with all of the changes is not in my email box for some reason. The assistants probably faxed the changes to us, so I will find out tonight.

On Thursday, Elder Nelson came to Panama. As my luck would have it the elders in the interior of the country were not invited to the conference. We had to watch it in the David stake center via transmission with Bocas and Concepcion. I was really bummed since everyone in the city got to shake his hand. First Pres. and Hna. Ward spoke followed by Elder Martino (seventy) and his wife, and then Elder Nelson and his wife. They were really inspiring talks. The conference lasted about two hours. Near the end of his remarks, Elder Nelson asked if anyone had questions to ask him. Someone asked him how we can control our thoughts. I thought that was an interesting question and relevant to everyone.

Love,
Elder Whiting


Looking toward David and the Pacific
Jennifer SaraVia Guette

fair in Boquete
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment