Monday, February 20, 2012

20 febrero 2012

Dear Family,

This week we had training with the President, Hna Ward, and the assistants. The topic of the training was asking inspired questions. We had a similar training when I arrived in Tocumen my first area. We had subway for lunch afterwards. President Ward said Colon looked a lot more animated than it had in a long time, so that was encouraging. When training ended, my companion and I did divisions with the assistants. I stayed my Elder Monroy from Mexico, and my companion headed off to Panama with Elder Bennett. I learned a lot from him, and we had a great time. Elder Monroy studied to be a chef before the mission and studied a bit in Spain. He made me the most delicious breakfast the following morning with cubed apple, oatmeal, yogurt, banana, honey, and a little milk. I was watching closely, so I think I could duplicate it. He shared some observations about the zone, and gave me some helpful ideas. When Elder Bennett arrived in the morning to pick up his companion and leave mine, several elders from chitre (las tablas) were with him. I guess with Carnivales starting this week they decided to temporarily take out the missionaries again. I have heard it is pretty bad here in some parts as well. Carnivales end Tuesday or Wednesday.

Saturday we had a stake missionary activity that we planned similar to the one we had in Boquete. We had a Luau with games, dancing, and food. I think I already mentioned the Tongan elder in our zone, Elder Atuake. Anyways, he and I taught the elders here how to dance the Haka. Elder Atuake painted everyones faces too. I got to use my lava lava again. A lot of people came, and everyone had a ton of fun. The games were really funny too. First we planned "who's your neighbor?" which involves running to other chairs and switching, then we had a handless pineapple eating contest. The zone received a lot of references from the activity, and it was really successful.

Right now we have about 8 people with a baptismal date. This coming weekend we are expecting several baptisms and several more the next weekend. My companion and I were talking about how the fruits of our labor did not come from where we expected, but that we just need to work hard, and the Lord works His little miracles. I hope everyone has a great week. I love you guys.

P.S. We completely cleaned our house this week, so I think it is safe to send some pictures soon. It was so bad. 




Elder Whiting

No comments:

Post a Comment