Monday, February 27, 2012

27 de febrero









This last Saturday we had baptisms! Everything went really well, and there was a good attendance. Hna. Noris (our cook and guardian angel here) gave a really interesting talk about letting Christ into our hearts. She displayed the famous painting of Jesus knocking at the door and pointed out that the door is missing a handle on the outside. She tied that to the idea that we have to open the door to our hearts from within. I really liked that. She was funny because she was very nervous but did a great job. They were all confirmed Sunday. My companion and I were honored to participate in all of the confirmations.

We finalized the baptism interviews for the baptisms this coming Saturday. They are all so prepared which makes me feel really good.

We also picked up mail this week. It had been a while since we had gotten mail because they did not give us a box in consejos. I got so much mail! It was awesome. Mom and Dad, my package from you came and also your card. Thanks for the money and everything in the package! My comp says thank you too. He knows English, so he really said that. I am not translating like usual.
Morgan, I got your package and cards too! When I saw the description of the contents of the package that said "desk calendar", I thought in my mind please be a redneck calendar, please be a redneck calendar and it was! I was so excited. Today reads "you might be a redneck if you think your vital signs are "yard sale", "happy hour", and "no trespassers" haha classic. My favorite is still "you think fast food is hitting a deer at 90 mph in your truck" haha. Thanks so much. Everything made my day.

This week we saw lots of parties on our street celebrating some holiday [part of Carnival prior to Lent]. People dress up as devils with really elaborate masks/costumes. The costumes are really neat and are distinctive to this area. They carry whips and dance around. Anyone that gets too close to them gets whipped. My companion and I avoided any confrontations with them. I did not get a picture, but you could easily find one on google. They are famous. 

Thanks for everything. I love you guys. Have a great week.

Love,
Elder Whiting
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment